Resisting Arrest Houston Texas Criminal & DWI Defense in Texas

Houston Resisting Arrest Attorney

Police officers in Harris County can be very quick to charge a person with Resisting Arrest. Some officers feel they can charge a person with Resisting simply for failing to comply with a verbal order. These officers are wrong. One can only be guilty of resisting if they actually use force to prevent or obstruct an officer from affecting an arrest or stop.

One of the first risks of resisting an officer is the degree of force an officer will resort to complete the arrest. It is very common for officers to use strikes, tasers, pepper spray, or even vicious dogs to place someone under arrest who resists or flees. Other officers who are present may also hastily contribute to your injuries.

A Houston criminal defense lawyer is vital in a Resisting Arrest charge. Officers will write up their best police stories to cover up excessive force or other mistakes they may have made in the arrest situation. Only the best lawyers will be able to have a chance to find the subtle details that may help in your defense.

Don’t risk your future to some divorce lawyer who takes criminal cases on the side. Jim Medley may be able to provide a creative and effective defense that leads to a positive case outcome. Contact Jim Medley today to learn more about how this Houston criminal attorney can help you proceed with your best defense!

Testimonials from Clients

Read Feedback from Real People
  • He got my felony dropped to a misdemeanor.

    “They said he is the best when it comes to dismissals and good dispositions and that is exactly what he did.”

    - Ced A.

Experience You Can Trust

Why Hire Jim Medley?
  • Over 10 Years' Experience as a Police Officer
  • Masters Degree in Criminal Justice & Forensic Toxicology
  • Over 30 Years of Experience in the Justice System
  • Hundreds of DWI/DUI Cases Dismissed
  • Instructor of Police Sobriety Tests & Former Police Academy Instructor
  • Professor of Criminal Law

Free Case Review

Call 713-766-1711 or Submit This Form
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.